Crosley Field: Historic Home of the Cincinnati Reds
Crosley Field was home to the Cincinnati Reds from 1912 to June 24, 1970. The ballpark was named Redland Field from 1912 until 1934 when local businessman Powel Crosley Jr. bought the franchise. The “Findlay and Western intersection” was home to the Reds for eighty-six and a half seasons. Before Redland Field was built in 1912, the home of the Reds was in the same general area: first at League Park from 1884 to 1901, then at the fabulously named Palace of the Fans from 1902 to 1911. After Crosley Field, the Reds moved to Riverfront Stadium (later Cinergy Field) on the banks of the Ohio river til 2002. In 2003, Great American Ballpark opened and is the current home of the Reds.
Parking was problematic at Crosley Field and part of the reason the Reds moved to Riverfront Stadium.